You receive your Kentucky Trainer’s Credential, what do you do now? There are many answers to that question and I’m sure one will fit with your goals!
- First things first, make yourself familiar with the Kentucky regulations on the Trainer’s Credential. Follow the regulations when you begin training, if you need to refer back to them, do it. You can’t remember everything!
- Start planning your professional development. Take trainings within the next three years that will meet your requirements for renewal. Time flies, three years will be over before you know it.
- Every training begins with a good idea! Keep a notebook for jotting down ideas when you get them. You can always add to the topic, taking notes will help you get your thoughts organized.
- If you plan on doing online training make sure you have taken FET 370 Beyond Fundamentals: Introduction to Developing and Facilitating Online Training, found at www.hdilearning.org . The course is free and is required for you to give training credit on ECE-TRIS for online trainings.
- Something new for renewals, you will need an observation before you renew in three years if you are a level 2, 3 or 4 trainer. You do not have to wait until the end of the three year period for your observation. You do need to reach out to your Training Coach and schedule a date and time for your observation. Don’t wait until the last minute, plan ahead.
- Remember if you have any questions or concerns you can always reach out to your Regional Training Coach.