Changes to License
Any changes to the license (i.e. director, hours, email address, adding classroom, etc.) must be submitted with all qualifying documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: (502) 564-9350. Be sure to write the license # on every piece of paper that is faxed. If you fax, follow up with a phone call to ensure receipt (502) 564-7962 ext.0.
Child Care Regulation Committee
Send regulation questions to the Child Care Regulation Committee at email@example.com.
Attach pictures as needed to provide additional clarification. The CCRC will provide a written response regarding regulatory matters.
Note: The CCRC will not respond to a question regarding an active survey or investigation.
Kentucky Child Care Regulations
Regulations are overseen by Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Division of Child Care. A full list of child care regulations is available in Chapter 2 Day Care at: https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/law/kar/TITLE922.HTM
Child-care center staff shall be provided with a copy of 922 KAR 2:090, 922 KAR 2:120, and 922 KAR 2:280.
The KYNECT Public Child Care Search lists providers certified or licensed through the Division of Child Care. You can also view inspection reports, hours of operation, and Kentucky All STARS levels.
Standards of Practice for Child Care Providers
This document is intended to educate and inform child care providers, Cabinet for Health and Family Services Division of Regulated Child Care employees and child care Technical Assistance providers about the regulatory standards for licensed and certified family child care providers.
Updated! Effective 7/21/22
- Changes to food preparation and meal requirements for centers who provide meals and centers who do not provide meals
- Changes to screen time limits
- Changes to physical activity requirements
- Changes to serving sugary drinks
- Requirements on lockdown/shelter-in-place drills
- Changes to safe sleep requirements
**Search Tip** On your keyboard, hold down both the Ctrl key and the F key to use the “Find on Page” shortcut. A search bar will appear at the top of your screen that allows you to find words or phrases quickly.
Sent to DCC Listserv September 1, 2022
Effective 9/1/2022, all Personnel changes in ECE-TRIS will be submitted online. Any faxed or mailed forms will not be processed.
ECE-TRIS has streamlined this process by making available online areas to submit these changes. Below are some Personnel related tips and resources to assist you.
All the links below are also found in the ECE-TRIS FORMS area.
- If a user attempts to create an account on this page and has an existing account, they will be made aware and can follow the instructions for recovering their username or resetting their password to submit changes.
- If a user never logged in to set-up their account, they will not have security questions to recover or reset. They can follow the Login Instructions for first time users by clicking Login Help
Managing Your ECE-TRIS Account: Self-Service Tips
RESET PASSWORD TIPS
- The email on your account is used to find a match for your record in ECE-TRIS. You can use this email even if you do not have access to it anymore. It is only used to find the matching record.
- If you reset your password and still have issues, follow the same steps to Recover Username. Usernames can contain numbers in some cases and this will also let you confirm spelling.
- If a typo is found in your username, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a correction.
- If you are unable to use the password reset, it is likely because you account is still in the ‘default password’ format. You can refer to Login Help for more information.
- If you have a new employer, go to Manage My Personal Information. Your changes will be submitted to the TRIS team for final changes. Please allow 7-10 days.
- Please note: submitting a new hire date in this area will not impact a user’s First Year Start Date. That information will come from DCC.
- Administrators who have staff who have separated from your program, please follow the instructions found here. Managing Staff Listing
Any questions can be sent to email@example.com
Sent to DCC Listserv June 1, 2022
Public Consulting Group (PCG), our third party vendor, has opened the ARPA Sustainability Grant Application for payments to be made in July 2022.
Providers should only complete and submit an application under the following circumstances:
- Provider elects to change Tiers.
- Provider is a new applicant.
If you have already applied and received ARPA Sustainability Payments, you do NOT need to re-apply unless conditions 1 or 2 above apply.
LINK TO THE APPLICATION: https://na3.docusign.net/Member/PowerFormSigning.aspx?PowerFormId=668e554b-9c7a-44f9-a255-64121ce4237d&env=na3&acct=b580b535-9a15-4adc-a393-a215cc0b43db&v=2
APPLICATION CLOSE DATE: June 30, 2022
Please contact PCG at the email or telephone number listed below and the technical assistance team will work with you to resolve this issue.
Thank you for all you do to support Kentucky’s families and children!
Division of Child Care
Sent to DCC Listserv December 13, 2022
This is a clarification of how the Division of Child Care, Division of Regulated Child Care and ECE-TRIS collaborate and use your background check data.
KEY POINTS for PROGRAM ADMINISTRATORS
- Accuracy of your staff Hire date in KARES is important to calculating professional learning hours.
- Training taken before determination date may not apply to annual hours if the staff person is brand new to the field of early care and education.
- Each Staff Person could have 3 different dates in TRIS used in different ways.
Please read this email for complete details on these key points
- Prior to July 1,2020, professional development was calculated based on self-reported hire date. Fingerprint date was also considered the ‘background check ‘ date.
- July 1, 2020 regulation changes were effective to align training hours for licensing and KY All STARS with the state fiscal year of July 1st – June 30th annually. There were special considerations for new staff who may enter a program at anytime during the fiscal year. The special considerations were to allow a new staff person, new to the field of early care and education, a full year to complete the required training hours.
- To meet regulation changes, ECE-TRIS added a field to document if a person is New ECE Staff and also to capture their original start date in the field. This is known as First Year Start Date in ECE-TRIS.
- The ECE-TRIS Required Training Hours Report was modified to calculate existing staff on the fiscal year and New ECE Staff on the First Year Start date.
RECENT CHANGES 7/1/2022
- Determination date is to be used as the standard for your staff start dates.
- KARES Hire Date cannot occur prior to determination date in KARES. In other words, no provisional hires.
- Data will be provided to ECE-TRIS at the beginning of each month for importing into user records.
HOW THIS IMPACTS ECE-TRIS DATA
Each person may have 3 dates:
- Determination Date (replacing the Fingerprint date),
Determination Date (currently labeled Fingerprint date) will still appear on the Training Record Report in the header.
- Hire date as reported with any Personnel updates
Self-Reported Hire date for existing staff will be added to the Training Record report header. This is used by DRCC to determine if required initial trainings (Orientation and PAHT) have been met within timelines. At some point in the future we also plan to use the hire date reported in KARES for existing staff as well. Please begin making sure the KARES dates are accurate.
- If a New ECE Staff person (brand new to the field) they will also have a First Year Start Date
New ECE STAFF First Year Start Date will display on the Required Training Hours Report. If staff person is not new to the field of ECE, the Required Training Hours Report will calculate on fiscal year (July 1 – June 30th)
For background check questions, you can reach out KARES Help Desk CHFSDCCNBCP@ky.gov Questions related to the required training hours report for new staff, pleaseemail firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Office of the Courts Fast Check
DCC 374 Central Registry Check for Licensed, Certified, Registered- (CAN Check)
DCC 500 Waiver Agreement & Statement
Example CAN Check Under 18 Parent Authorization Form
IdentoGo Fingerprint Location Sites
KARES Web Portal User Guide and Training Manual
Kentucky State Police Background Check
National Background Check Program – Division of Child Care
Tip Sheet for the National Background Check Program *Updated 6/2021
Sent to DCC Listserv January 10, 2023
First, DCC would like to apologize for this afternoon’s town hall. We are diligently working to identify ways to keep this from happening in the future.
Attached you will find a copy of Elizabeth Fiehler’s presentation about the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). You may also find more information about CACFP by visiting Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Homepage – Kentucky Department of Education. If you have questions about CACFP, you may contact Ms. Fiehler at Elizabeth.Fiehler@education.ky.gov.
The Kentucky Department of Public Health has partnered with the CDC under the State Physical Activity & Nutrition (SPAN) grant to offer GoNAPSACC programming FREE to all Kentucky child care providers! GoNAPSACC trainings teach standards for Health and Nutrition based on CACFP guidelines, which are considered “best practices”, and surpass KY licensing regulations. All modules within the program are already approved in ECE-TRIS.
The attached flyer (GoNAPSACC Training Flyer) has detailed information on how to get started.
Please use this resource to learn more about how to find approved trainings: https://ece.trc.eku.edu/ece/resources/files/247
***For CACFP related training content, you can use keywords like CACFP, Food Program, etc. (Please note – not all trainings are sponsored/endorsed by the CACFP program.)
These attachments will also be made available on the DCC website .
Again, DCC is very sorry that today’s town hall did not go as planned. We will communicate any changes to the town hall format prior to the February town hall scheduled for February 14, 2023.
Thank you for all you do to support Kentucky’s children,
Andrea T. Day
Division of Child Care
AP Provider Required Forms Available Online
CCAP Overview Website (KYNECT)
Child Care Assistance Program for Families – DCC Website
Child Care Employee Exclusion FAQ
Child Care Employee Exclusion FAQ – Spanish
ECE 080: Child Care Assistance Program: Billing Basics for Providers
DCC 94E Child Care Daily Attendance Record Single Sheet (updated 4.2022)
Example Release to Participate – Extra-Curricular Program
Example Release to Participate on Premises
Example Third Party Professional Services Parental Release Form
Example Transition Plan – Individual Plan for Toddler
Example Transition Plan – Whole Class One’s to Two’s
Example Transition Plan – Whole Class Two’s to Three’s
KDE Student Health Immunization Requirement
CDC COVID-19 Guidance for Operating Early Care and Education/Child Care Programs
Example Enhanced Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Disinfecting Plan Template
DCC Plan to Reopen Child Care in Kentucky FAQ
Example Child Care Screening and Temperature Log
Guidance for Operations in Early Care and Education and Child Care Programs *(Updated 1.10.2022)
Healthy at Work Requirements for Child Care Programs
Optional Bug Busting in Early Care and Education Settings Training from the American Academy of Pediatrics
Calculating Clock Hours for New Staff First Year and Second Year
College Coursework Approval for Training Clock Hours Instruction
ECE-TRIS Individual Training Form
ECE-TRIS New Account Instructions
Managing Staff List Instructions
Managing Your Education and Credentials in TRIS
Child Care Emergencies and Disaster Preparedness
County Emergency Management Director Contact Information
Example Emergency Disaster Plan Template for Certified (pdf)
Example Emergency Disaster Plan Template for Certified (word)
Example Emergency Disaster Plan Template for Licensed (pdf)
Example Emergency Disaster Plan Template for Licensed (word)
Example Emergency Drills Form (updated to include Lockdown Drills)
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Homepage
Child Care Checklist for Unadulterated Foods and Left Overs
Example Preschool Menu Planning Form (***updated 2/2022)
Feeding and Handling Breast Milk
Resources for Child and Adult Meals
Resources for Infant and Young Child Feeding
Tip Sheet for Required Meal Components **NEW
Bleach Solutions for Cleaning, Rinsing, Disinfecting/Sanitizing
Child Care Weather Watch Resource
Hazards of Using Portable Sinks in Child Care
List of Reportable Diseases (updated 4.2022)
Reporting Communicable Diseases Form
Tip Sheet for Changing Pull-Ups and Soiled Underwear
Tip Sheet for Supervision for Kentucky Early Childhood Providers
Kentucky One Stop Shop for Starting a Business
Kentucky Small Business Development Center
KOG/KARES/KICCS For New Users (updated 5/2022)
Licensed Initial Application Packet
Notice of Permanent Closure Form
Request for Temporary Closure Form
Tip Sheet for US Department of Labor Wage and Hourly Division
Caring for Our Children, 4th Edition
Child Care Health Consultation Posters and Handouts
Division of Regulated Child Care (DRCC)
Governor’s Office for Early Childhood Education
KYNECT (previously Benefind) Child Care Provider Search Tool
Learn the Signs. Act Early. | CDC
National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Chequeo a Través del Registro Central de Cuidado Infantil – DCC-374 Central Registry Check for Licensed Certified Registered (CAN Check) – Spanish
¿Cuàl es la apariencia de un ambiente seguro para dormer – Safe Sleep Environment – Spanish
Ejemplo de Formulario de Planificación de la Evacuación para la Preparación para Emergencias/Desastres en el Cuidado Infantil – Example Evacuation Planning Form for Child Care Emergency/Disaster Preparedness for Child Care – Spanish
Formulario de consentimiento animal – Example Animal Consent Form – Spanish
Formulario de Renovación de la Licencia para el Centro de Cuidado Infantil – Licensed Renewal Packet – Spanish
Guía de sueño seguro para el proveedor de cuidado infantile – Child Care Providers Guide to Safe Sleep – Spanish
Hoja de recomendaciones para proveedores acerca del Programa Nacional de Verificación de Antecedentes (NBCP, por sus siglas en inglés) – Tip Sheet for the National Background Check Program – Spanish
Para Cambiar un Pañal – How to Change a Diaper – Diapering Steps Posting – Spanish
Pasos de Lavar las Manos – Steps to Handwashing – Handwashing Posting – Spanish
Resumen de la Solicitud de Ayuda para el Cuidado Infantil Subsidiado – DCC 90-Subsidized Child Care Assistance Application – Spanish
Annual Professional Development Plan
Approved First Aid and CPR Courses
Director Qualifications Worksheet
Example Job Description – Assistant Director
Example Job Description – Assistant Teacher
Example Job Description – Cook
Example Job Description – Director
Example Job Description – Lead Teacher
Example Job Description – Vehicle Driver
Example Interview Questions – Assistant Director
Example Interview Questions – Assistant Teacher
Example Interview Questions – Cook
Example Interview Questions – Director
Example Interview Questions – Lead Teacher
Example Staff Records Coversheet
Suggested Content for Staff Handbook
Tip Sheet for Calculating Annual Training Hours
Tip Sheet for Establishing a Date of Hire for Child Care Center Staff
Tip Sheet for Hiring Staff under Age 18
Tip Sheet for New Hire *updated 4/2023
Tip Sheet for Sharing Staff Within Your Company
Tip Sheet for Substitute Staff from Temporary Staffing Agency
Example Certified Home Release to Transport Form
Example Daily Transportation Log
Example Field Trip Release Form
Example Release to Ride the School Bus
Example Walking Field Trip Roster
Example Monthly Emergency Drills Form
Facility Owned Vehicle – Daily Vehicle Inspection
Facility Owned Vehicle – Field Trip Only Transportation Policies and Procedures
Facility Owned Vehicle – Daily Transportation Policies and Procedures
Heatstroke Safety Tips for Parents and Caregivers
KDE COVID-19 Considerations for Reopening Schools: Pupil Transportation
Kentucky Driver History Records
Kentucky Safety Facts – Child Seat Safety
Third Party Vehicle – Daily Transport Policies and Procedures
Third Party Vehicle – Field Trip Only Transportation Policies and Procedures
Tip Sheet for Adding Transportation Services