Interested in offering School Age Trainings? Here is some information that may be helpful:
There are 1,579 after school programs in the state of Kentucky that serve 78,912 students. This is only a portion of the 280,552 students who are on the waiting list for an afterschool program. Wow!
Research indicates professional development is vital to success of these programs as it:
• Enhances program quality by facilitating staff performance and knowledge
• Improves student outcomes
• Contributes to increased staff satisfaction and retention
However, setting up school age trainings has it challenges such as:
1. Not as much content available
2. Knowing the needs of school age providers.
3. Making sure that programs know that we have training/resources available.
4. Explaining the description of training ideas in limited topics.
5. Not very aware of curriculum.
6. Reaching the audiences that need it.
7. Knowing what topics SA providers are interested in.
And the most asked question by trainers is where can I find resources? Here are a few to help you get started:
If you are interested in learning more about School Age Trainings, take a look at our November Trainer Connection that can be found on the Trainer Online Community or reach out to your Regional Training Coach.