· Course will take approximately 2 (two) hours to complete
· Upon successful completion participants will be awarded 2 how to train other adults training hours
· Audience: Early Care and Education Trainers
When we think of engaging participants, we usually think of engaging them in activities. This session will focus on strategies for using Total Participation Techniques (TPTs) that allow all participants to demonstrate, at the same time, active participation and cognitive engagement in the topic being studied. Throughout this training session trainees will learn what TPT’s are, how they can be used to support participation and engagement, and be provided tools to implement TPT’s into future trainings.
This training session includes active participation and requires satisfactory completion of an application activity in order to successfully complete the training.
· Identify what participation and cognitive engagement are and their importance.
· Describe the Ripple approach to engagement.
· Identify 3 examples of Total Participation Techniques.
· Implement Total Participation Techniques into trainings.
Participants will engage all trainees at the same time and encourage deeper cognitive engagement by incorporating Total Participation Techniques (TPTs) into 1 (one) training.